Friday, May 6, 2011

Manny Pacquiao Urges Fans to Wear Yellow on his Fight

Manny Pacquiao will be wearing a pair of yellow gloves when he trades punches with Shane Mosley for the World Boxing Organization welterweight crown this Saturday (Sunday in Manila) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Pacquiao said he picked the yellow as this is a symbol of unity in his fight to eradicate poverty in his beloved land. "All my life I've had to fight. As a child I had to fight just to eat," Pacquaio said during a media conference Wednesday. "The biggest fight in my life is not in boxing. The biggest fight in my life is how to end poverty in my country."

To draw support for his cause, Pacquiao then urged his followers to wear yellow clothing on the day he will square off with Mosley. And the moment he steps into the ring, Pacquiao will also be wearing for the first time blue colored sneakers, his brand new boxing shoes from Nike.

I may now wear a yellow clothing during his fight but I'll be cheering for the PacMan to win this fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin